Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs' Inky Paws Challenge #27 ~ Kraft & Sparkle


Greetings!  Today I have the honor of being featured on the Newton's Nook Blog and I wanted so share a card I made for the current Inky Paws Challenge: Kraft paper & Sparkle!

Merry Sparkly Christmas Card by Crafty Math Chick | Holiday Wishes & Winged Wishes by Newton's Nook Designs

I have been loving the look of sparkly red and sparkly green on black cardstock backgrounds lately, so I used the sentiment from Holiday Wishes and the birdies from Winged Wishes and heat set them using red tinsel embossing powder to create the center panel, which I then matted with a sheet of red foil cardstock I purchased from Michaels last year during post-holiday clearance.  To create the sparkly striped background I simply took a ruler and a tape runner and created lines and then sprinkled some super sparkly green glitter over the sticky portions - VOILA!  Easy sparkly background complete!  

Are you ready to get your paws inky with us and play along to win a prize?  The Challenge winner will receive a $10 store credit to Newton's Nook Designs' online store and an Inky Paws Challenge Top Pick Badge to add to your blog!  AND IF there are more than 15 participants, Jen will choose TWO winners, so be sure to tell your friends to play along too!  Please visit the Newton's Nook Designs' blog HERE for all the details!

Can't wait to see what YOU create!  Have a happy Thanksgiving!!


~ Crafty Math Chick

2 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

So adorable! I love ALL the sparkle!!

Yuki said...

So pretty! Love How created your own glitter background!