Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Happy Doxie Birthday with Newton's Nook Designs

Hello Everyone!  Today it is my turn to be featured on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog.  Since I never seem to have enough birthday cards in my stash, and I have a lot of friends with birthdays coming up, I decided to make this doxie birthday card for a friend who owns five of the cute little weiner doggies:

Doxie Birthday card by Crafty Math Chick | Delightful Doxies by Newton's Nook Designs

I used the current NND Inky Paws Sketch (there's still plenty of time if you'd like to play along!) rotated 90 degrees to the left:


I used three NND sets to create this card: the dachshund is from the new 'Delightful Doxies' set, the cupcake and hat are from Winston's Birthday, and the sentiment is from Newton's Birthday Bash, .  I love how so many of NND's sets coordinate together!  I colored the pup with Copic markers and paper pieced his balloon and hat, topped off with a tiny pom pom.  I thought my EK Success candles punch would be a twist on the long flag banners in the sketch and serve as a nice location to place the sentiment as well.  The fun balloon patterned paper is by the Paper Studio, which I believe is Hobby Lobby's brand.  And I liked the look of the yellow balloon sticking up beyond the mat border of the image just a little bit - what do you think?

Hope you will join us and play along with the NND's Inky Paws Sketch Challenge - there are still 10 days left to enter and you might win a gift certificate to the NND store, and if there are more than 15 participants, Jen will generously choose two winners - so I hope you will play along (there are even some freebies available on the NND blog if you haven't been able to pick up an NND set just yet.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

~ Crafty Math Chick

2 comments:

Yuki said...

This card is super cute! Love your coloring and how you incorporated the sketch! TFS :)!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is really awesome! I love how you turned the sketch and used that fun border punch to create the banners on it! I love it! And the pom-pom on the hat is adorable!