Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Happy Birthday with Newton's Nook Designs

Good morning!  Hope those of you getting buried with snow are staying warm & cozy.

Today I am featured on the Newton's Nook Designs blog.  Since I never to seem to have enough birthday cards in my stash, I decided to go with a birthday theme using Simply Sentimental 


and a color combination that would work well for both genders (a nice happy yellow!):


Personally, I think yellow is such a bright, cheery, happy color, and I don't think it is used nearly enough these days.  I thought the black matting made the yellow POP that much more.  I also tend to be drawn to bold vertical stripes for some reason, so I really like this patterned paper.  It might not be clear from the photograph, but I added yellow rhinestones between each flourish from my Fiskars border punch (I love that scrolly design!)

Thanks so much for stopped by and seeing my creations!  I hope you have a terrific day!

~ Crafty Math Chick

2 comments:

Yuki said...

Such a pretty CAS birthday card! LOVE the colors you used! :)

Jennifer Jackson said...

So cheery - perfect to brighten up the gloomy day here in Wisconsin!