Sunday, April 6, 2014

PTI Make It Monday #158: Stamping with Watercolor Mediums

Hello Friends & Followers!  I hope you have had a good weekend!  Those of you who follow my blog know I tend not to use watercolors much, but when I saw Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge 158 to stamp with watercolor mediums I broke out my watercolor crayons, Out on a Limb- Revised & Out on a Limb Sentiments sets and gave it a whirl with this sympathy card:

I used watercolor crayons in chocolate chip for the branch and pale plum & perfect plum for the blooms but I think I used a little too much water in my watercolor brush and washed them out a bit too much, they have a pretty soft quality IRL, but they are a little difficult to even see in this picture.  I really like how this came out though, I think I am going to make a bunch more, perhaps in other colors, so that I have them on hand in the unfortunate event they are needed as sympathy cards can be difficult to make on the spot if you know what I mean.
     Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great week!
~ Crafty Math Chick

2 comments:

inkyfingy said...

Lovely delicate design.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!